Friday, March 18, 2011

Oceanfront ride

Took the morning off to get a few miles in. Parked at 1st street and rode north on the boardwalk to seashore state park, through the park to the boat ramp and then back the same route. I did 13+ miles in about 55 minutes.  Even though it wasn't very far, it felt great to get out and ride.They were setting up for the Shamrock Marathon/1/2 Marathon along the boardwalk, so there was lots of traffic and people moving around.  I might have been a little faster with less activity to watch out for, at least that is what I'll keep telling myself.

A few mental notes about the surly steamroller; I definitely want to swap my flat top brakes for hoods. I find myself riding with my hands along the outside of the drops more than across. Also, I think I'm going to have to swap out my freewheel sooner than I thought.  At slower rpms there is a constant clicking sound. I knew I should have bought a white industries eno freewheel from the start instead of the shimano dx. You get what you pay for.

No comments:

Post a Comment