Tuesday, July 24, 2012

What?

In a strange twist of coincidences and dumb luck, I am now in the possession of a new (to me) geared road bike. I'm not going into the details of attainment, I'll just say it came from a very cool guy down in Raleigh, NC, via my brother. The bike is a carbon framed Litespeed M1 with a SRAM Rival group set and it is an AMAZING ride.  So far I've only logged a few miles around the ol hood, but plan on getting in a good distance ride this weekend. First impressions so far are pretty positive. On my last ride I did about 12 miles and averaged around 18.2 mph. I average about 14 mph riding the same loop on my Surly.  Having more than one gear ratio/choice really makes a big difference. It took a few miles to get used to the SRAM shifters and I still need to figure out how to shift properly and maintain speed on turns. I am hoping that my years of riding a single speed will help with cadence and spin.


     

No comments:

Post a Comment