Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bags are in!

Received my seat and feed bag from Revelate Designs and my frame pack from Jandd in the mail last week. Finally got a chance to get them on the bike last night and go for a spin around the neighborhood. Everything fits great. I was worried about the clearance between the seat bag and rear tire, but there is a lot of room left. There doesn't seem to be any issues with my knees rubbing on the frame pack when I get out of the saddle, although I did not have it fully loaded. True test will be this weekend, I'm planning an overnighter at a local state park.

2 comments:

  1. Any updated thoughts on the seat bag?
    Also, what cage is that?

    Thanks for the good read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man. It was pretty cool to find your blog and see someone else using a steamroller for bike camping. Once I figure out how everything fit, I was good to go. At first I was just using it like a stuff sack and shoving in as much gear as possible. A few times I wound up with some heavier items towards the end of the bag and it would really swing around while riding. I took a few smaller stuff sacks and started compartmentalizing everything and was able to put more in the seat bag with the heavier items close to the seat post and with a lot less movement. It was one of the best investments I've made as far as bike camping gear goes. The bottle cage is an old cannondale cage from the early 90s that I had laying around. Take care.

    ReplyDelete